Cloud Security Engineer
Datica helps healthcare get on the cloud. Since 2013, we have worked with hundreds of healthcare companies—from digital health startups to hospitals to Fortune 100 enterprises—bringing them into the future. Our secret is the dirty work: No company is better at focusing on the muddy details that are the true blockers to healthcare utilizing the cloud. Datica removes the risk for digital health in the cloud. We solve the problem of HIPAA compliance in the cloud and enable secure data exchange between digital health and EHR’s. Customers and partners across healthcare trust Datica to ensure their clouds are compliant and their data is securely interoperable.
At Datica, we believe the future of value-based patient care will be powered by HIPAA compliant, scalable interoperable infrastructure. We exist to help all of healthcare transition to that future by de-risking the challenges that come with it.
We're on a mission, and you could play a critical role.
Datica is a growth stage startup. In 2019, we plan to double our customer base, double our revenue, and dramatically increase our impact on improving patient care. We are doing this through an aggressive product roadmap, a growing team, and a laser focus on the problems our customer face. The next year will be hard, but the rewards will be worth it.
We are looking for a motivated Cloud Security Engineer with operational and strong security experience to help maintain security in our Compliant Cloud infrastructure.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will work with diverse technologies to build tools and automation to eliminate manual operations and create repeatable processes for server maintenance and system tuning, with a strong focus on security and compliance. You will be responsible for the day-to-day security and compliance needs for Datica products, and will collaborate with Developers and Cloud Engineers to ensure those products remain secure.
- Provide operational support on security and compliance-related requests and questions for both Linux and Windows customers.
- Monitor intrusion detection alerts, review vulnerability scan results, perform periodic penetration tests, make security recommendations, and implement necessary improvements to infrastructure.
- Follow security disclosure lists, triage new security issues, and patch or mitigate vulnerabilities to help protect our customers.
- Ensure Windows and Linux hosts are provisioned and maintained in accordance with the security and compliance requirements dictated by our policies.
- Expected Competencies
- 3+ years of experience securing Windows and Linux servers. Experience with hardened OS standards (STIG) strongly desired.
- 2+ years of experience with Linux and Windows server administration. Experience managing large-scale services strongly desired.
- Ability to work remotely
- Be able to work as part of a Kanban team
- Be familiar with using the AWS Console & CLI, specifically deploying EC2 instances and making AWS Security Groups, and managing IAM Users and Policies
- Have experience performing System Administrative tasks in Redhat or Debian based linux distributions such as installing and configuring software, configuring networking and analyzing system logs
- Experience maintaining security patch levels in a high uptime, strict SLA environment.
- Have experience developing infrastructure configuration automation with SaltStack or other configuration management systems such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience writing scripts to execute system administration tasks in a programming language such as Bash or Python
- Using git to manage branches and execute pull requests
- Familiarity with IKE and IPSec VPN connections such as site-to-site connection made with Strongswan or Remote-Access VPN connections with OpenVPN
- The ability to use openssl to manage public and private key certificates
- The ability to use ssh to remotely access hosts and provide connectivity through ssh tunnels.
- Experience and effective knowledge of security tooling such as : Nessus, Nexpose, Metasploit, nmap, Coverity, Security Monkey, Scout, Trusted Advisor, Amazon Inspector, OSSEC.
- Security assessment skills, including experience reviewing code for security vulnerabilities, strongly desired.
- Experience working in regulated and/or high-security environments and industries (PCI, HIPAA, HITRUST) required.
- Relevant security certifications, including CISSP and OSCP, strongly desired.
*This is a remote/work from home position*